Week two nominations are upon us (cough, cough…YOU). Your fingers actually have to go to the website and type these things in. Last week I was pretty impressed that four of my beerish nominations made it in. Is craft beer winning or are these places just that good? You be the judge! GO HERE TO VOTE YOU GUYS
- ITALIAN – Pizzeria Ortica, Costa Mesa. My vote for last week’s best pizza lives on! Read my beer dinner post over at Food Enthusiast Mag to find out why I pick them for Italian as well! Carolinas has a beer list of 286 beers as well, but the food at Ortica is that much better.
- Mediterranean – Olive Tree, Anaheim. This is probably the only restaurant on the planet I’ll recommend that doesn’t have beer. It’s so good I went for my birthday last year. Seriously. Is middle eastern Mediterranean? Dave Lieberman said “abtholutely” and I believe him. The Sunday leg-o-lamb is my jam. If you venture down to SD, check out California Kebab and Brewpub!
- Wine List – Judging by the beer tap handles at Sea Legs Wine Bar, I’m giving them the nod for having a varied array of boutique wines covering the spectrum. The beer list is local and the food is ridiculously good. Read about my St. Patrick’s day tap takeover with them and Noble Ale Works here!
- French – Does beer exist to the French? The Globe in Garden Grove is close enough I guess. A torrent of Belgian beer on tap and their new chef is from France…close enough? The Belgian Nachos are silly, but addictive.
- Steak – The Summit House, Fullerton. I was surprised to see a nice menu of local Bruery beers to back up my cowslab. Nice view of Fullerton and the occasional oxygen tank.
- Sushi – Sushi Noguchi in Yorba Linda is the real deal. Ask Hiro or Jun for local craft beer every time you go and maybe they’ll add some sooner than later. Until then, a pitcher of Kirin’s (brewed in the US) beer will make do.
- Tacos – Although Taco Asylum technically has the best beer list of any taco joint, I have to recommend Soho Taco Truck, especially when they’re parked in front of a local brewery! The shrimp taco is bursting with sweet, snappy shrimp and an array of salsas to balance things out.
- Happy Hour – TAPS Fish House & Brewery, Brea. Hands down the best happy hour menu ever and award-winning beers to back it up. Although Victor Novak recently left, I still vouch for the beer until I hear otherwise.